Thursday, October 9, 2008

A serious matter...

I would like to direct your attention toward another blog today. Dudley Rutherford is the Senior Pastor of Shepherd of the Hills Christian Church in Porter Ranch, Ca, one of the fastest growing churches in the Independent Christian Church and Church of Christ movement. His most recent entries are a must read for all of us who carry the Name of Jesus and are contending for the Faith.

Many of you already know that I am from California. This is my great friend and mentor. I credit Dudley for turning my heart toward God's calling to preach and the burden to reach the masses with the gospel of Jesus Christ. I believe that my home church, as well as many others in California are living in an Epic time for the Kingdom of God! They need our prayers. We need to pray that they stand firm, and live courageously as they contend for the cause of Christ.

I believe that Christians have been silent too long. We have embraced our love of comfort with arms of complacency.

Not only do we need to consider the issues during this critical election, we need to consider where we stand with God and His Word.

Please take time to read his blog and feel free to write me your thoughts.
http://dudleyrutherford.blogspot.com/

David

1 comment:

Alana said...

Definitely a matter for serious prayer. It literally makes me sick to my stomach to read this.